Monday, April 13, 2009

4b

Photobucket


http://www.sfmuseum.net/bio/jserra.html
I came across this photo while researching Junipero Serra in last weeks assignment. I liked it because it was a visual of one the Missions. It connects to my study of humanitites because Junipero Serra a great missionary died there at the mission San Carlos Borromeo.

OBSERVATION: It is a photo done in black and white. The Mission looks like it is made of stone or brick, and there is a lot of dust and dirt around the building. The left side of the building looks like it is falling apart.

INTERPERTATION: The art work is about being the famous spot where Junipero Serra spent the last of his life, and died there on August 28th 1784 when he was 74 years old.

JUDGEMENT: I choose this peice because I thought it was important to know where Junipero spent the last of his life. I wish the picture was in color so more details could be shown, however there were not color camaras back then. Otherwise I think it is a nice photograph.

QUESTIONING: I would like to know a little big more about this piece, beside the fact that it is in Monteray California, and that Junipero Serra spent his last days there. For example I would like to know when the Mission was first built, and by whom. It would aslo be nice to know who took the photo, so that person can get some credit for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment